Thursday, January 2, 2014

The results are in...

Beta #1 (12/31/13): 169
Beta #2 (1/02/14): 383!

We're pregnant!

I'm still a little in shock, to be honest.  Sorry for the delay in posting, but we wanted to wait a few days to let the news sink in.

Looks like a viable pregnancy so far.  It is officially the first for me, so I have no idea what to expect from here.  I feel like a fraud, like I shouldn't be telling people.  Like everyone is judging our decision to share the news so early, because, What If?  I decided I can't live my life that way, and even if this is as far as things go, I wanted others to share in our joy that we have waited so long for.  It has been 5 long years of pain, suffering, frustration, and treatments.  I have waited my whole life to see those 2 lines on the damn HPT that mocked me for so long.

We are only sharing the news with close friends and family for now, so if you know me in real life, please do not share this info with anyone or post anything on FB.

Symptoms so far?  I am cramping like a mother-f***er!  Everyone says it is normal, especially after IVF, since my ovaries are still enlarged and my uterus is starting to expand.  But damn, is it uncomfortable!  I know, I am such a baby.  And I definitely shouldn't be complaining.  I've waited my whole life for cramps like these.  But they worry me.

Who am I kidding?  Everything worries me.

**For those reading this that are struggling with infertility, please know that I completely understand if you hate me for this post.  I have been there.  I even understand if you stop reading now.  Been there too.  But I hope that this can provide some sort of hope for everyone.

Wow, I hope this post didn't jinx things...

Thank you for all of your kind comments and support.  I could not have made it this far without you, and I am so grateful to have this community!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I just got pregnant as well (5 weeks 3 days) and was freaking out like crazy last night because of cramping. Everything about making babies is so stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congrats! :)

    I'm going to be honest, everything is going to worry you. I was a freakin' wreck for most of my pregnancy. Every time I peed I checked for blood, I was a nervous wreck for every doctor appt. and when I'd leave the doctor's office I'd cry from relief.

    It's a crazy roller coaster of a ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!!! As someone who is still TTC you do give me hope!! Praying for you guys!! Wishing you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations!! Such a wonderful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! Enjoy every minute and share the news when and how you want, this is your time to shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! What amazing news to start your new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every single post always makes me on the verge of tears :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YESSSS!!! Our RE just suggested moving on to IVF, and I've been completely freaking out... so this is insanely exciting. So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and will be following along (yes, even though you're pregnant). Congrats on your strong betas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!!! So so so happy for you.
    - Nikki

    ReplyDelete