Wednesday, February 5, 2014

9 weeks...and a new job!

So, I started a new job this week.  I had pretty much given up on finding anything since I have lived her for like 8 months now and never had any luck, and then I had to put the job hunt on hold so we could do IVF without any scheduling issues.  This opportunity came out of nowhere.  I had actually interviewed for a different job with the same company a few months ago and never heard back...but then the HR rep thought of me for this position.  Very sweet, especially considering I don't actually have any experience in this field, nor do I have a bachelor's degree, which is required.  The manager loved me though when I interviewed, and they hired me on as a temp to get around the particulars.  I went back and forth deciding whether I should take the job or not.  After all, starting a new job (that you have no experience with) can be daunting when you are already 9 weeks pregnant.  But, I really needed to get out of the house....and our checking account was getting way too low between my husband's paychecks.  So I took the job and here I am.

It's been a tough week so far.  I am still nauseous in the morning, which makes eating hard.  But if I don't eat, it gets much worse.  And I've had a hard time packing enough food to snack on throughout the day.  Thankfully, they are really cool with food being at your desk, so I have't had an issue stuffing my face all day long.  The company is great, and everyone is SUPER nice (plus I am actually meeting people, which has not happened since moving here), so hopefully things will start to click soon and I will decide to stay.  Now I just need to buy more pants that fit my fat ass!

Now for an update:

How far along: 9 weeks

Size of baby: Grape

Physical symptoms: Nausea has subsided for the most part...now I only experience it first thing in the morning.  I'm still hungry ALL THE TIME, which wouldn't be so bad, except I started a new job and it is harder to make sure I pack enough snacks for the whole day.

Weight gain/loss: Haven't weighed myself in a couple days, but I think I'm up around 3 lbs now.  It's hard to remember what I weighed before all this started though since IVF through everything outta wack.

Maternity clothes: Yes.  I was able to wear my maternity work pants this week for the first time.  They are super comfy, but still a little big in random areas.  However, still much better than when I wear my regular pants and have to wear a long shirt to hide the fact that I can't button them.

Stretch marks: Still just on my boobies.

Sleep: Sleep is getting a little better, mainly because I am so exhausted after work that I barely make it to 8 before starting to fall asleep.

Best moment since last week: Nothing has really happened...

Movement: Way too early.

Cravings/Aversions:  Still no major cravings.  Still not a fan of chicken.

Gender: Too early to tell.

Labor signs: Way too early!

Belly button:  Innie

What I miss:  Being able to go more than an hour between meals!

What I am looking forward to:  Our first OB appointment 2 weeks from today!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Steph!! How awesome to not only find a job where they wanted you-- but to be meeting other people and getting out of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting a job! That's such great news!! So glad things are still going well overall. I totally hear you on the constant hunger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure my co-workers think I'm a pig (it doesn't help that my stomach is much larger than usual lol)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new job!! Sounds like you have many wonderful things going on in your life right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete