Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My bank account is weeping...

Well, I did it. I ordered my medicine for my upcoming IVF cycle. Charged up over $2000 on my credit card and then had a mini anxiety attack. I can't exactly back out now, I guess. Well, I could. But then, that money would all go to waste.

Unfortunately, I am having trouble getting through to my doctors office now. This is not exactly encouraging considering the fact that I am heading into entirely new, scary territory now. They were supposed to call in a prescription for birth control pills, but still haven't. I'm now on CD4 and assume I should have started on CD1. Hopefully this doesn't mess anything up because this is our one and only shot at IVF unless I win the lottery or find a rich relative I never knew existed.

On top of all this, we are now moving in like 8 weeks. So I need to find a place to live in California and pack up our house in Washington.

Did I mention that I am panicking over here? At a time when I should not be stressing at all?

UPDATE: Dr. M finally called me last night.  He is finally calling in my birth control pills, and told me to call him once I finish them and my period starts.  Then I will go in for a baseline ultrasound and talk about all the lovely shots my husband will have to give me to prepare for retrieval.  I also found out that I need to order yet another prescription from IVFmeds.com, so there goes another $600.  I just have to keep reminding myself that if this does get me a healthy baby, I would pay and do anything.

5 comments:

  1. Oh it's just so stressful. I totally understand the panic. We will be doing IVF here too and we have one shot. And moving is stressful! Try to find some things that help you relax during this time: wine, yoga, sex. ;) The possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to say it's our only shot since I know I won't stop wanting a baby, especially since I know that puts even more stress on it, but unfortunately we don't have thousands of dollars to throw around! I am going to try yoga and I will be much less stressed once the husband gets home. He's like Xanax for his crazy wife :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, I have to hand it to you for sure for doing all of that at one time! Like you said though in the end if you get that baby you have dreamed of it will all be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it is ambitious or just crazy. The only good part is that I will be so busy that my mind should be occupied most of the time :)

      Delete
  3. I am sorry about the cost- it is ridiculous! I hope that this IVF is all you need! I am keeping lots of positiveness going your way!

    ReplyDelete