Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cycle Update

Sorry I haven't provided more updates, but I have been sooooo busy driving back and forth to appointments and trying like hell to finish my many crochet projects in time to get them out for Christmas.  In fact, I am trying to use the few minutes I do have available right now to update you lovelies before I head to another appointment.

I had a second monitoring appointment on Thursday and a third yesterday morning.  According to my scans and bloodwork, my ovaries are performing like rockstars!  I am a perfectionist, so this is great news to hear.  My lining is right where it should be and I have about 5 follicles measuring over 16 mm as of yesterday.  Apparently, they like to trigger when 25% of them are over 16 mm, so I'm expecting to have them tell me today that it's about time to go.  I would then take the trigger (HCG) shot tonight to tell my ovaries it is finally time to release their many many follicles, and then I would have the retrieval 36 hours later.

On another note, I went to my best friend's baby shower yesterday after my appointment.  Usually, I try to avoid these like the plague because it is just hard to watch all those adorable little things being opened.  But she is my very best friend family, and I didn't want to miss it.  I know that she had a hard time telling me about her pregnancy and I have tried my hardest to show her how happy I am for her, regardless of what I am going through, because I love her and I can't wait to meet her little one.

After opening her gifts, she took a moment to thank everyone for coming and for throwing such a beautiful shower.  Then she teared up and told everyone to be thankful because not everyone can get pregnant easily---or at all sometimes---and that she knows how lucky she is.  Then she proceeded to tell everyone that her friend was going through IVF and she was so excited for her.  Really, she just shed light on that taboo subject that nobody wants to talk about, but us infertiles try so hard to make other people understand.  She didn't mention me by name, but I was of course crying at this point...and my mom was crying...and her mom was crying...etc.  She was worried about me being upset because she called me out like that, but how could I be upset by something like that?  It was one of the kindest, sweetest, most thoughtful things anyone has ever said about me.  And the fact that she did it at her shower, when all the attention should be on her, meant even more to me.  I just thought you all should hear about it as well.  Those of you that have gone through these struggles understand that all we ever want (besides a child of course) is for people to try to understand what we are going through.

So thank you to my very best friend for being so selfless in that moment, and for reminding me that I have an amazing support system pulling for me.

2 comments:

  1. And now I am crying too! How beautiful and touching of your friend!! Continuing to wish you nothing but the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Cash loves his auntie Steph

    ReplyDelete