Monday, November 18, 2013

The most positive CD1 I can remember....

As you can see from the title of this post, today is officially CD1.  This is usually a day reserved for crying and feeling sorry for myself and trying to decide what to do next to try and have the family we so long for.  But not today.

Instead of mourning the fact that we can't seem to do this by ourselves, I am excited to finally start the IVF process.  5 years ago, when we started TTC, I had no idea that we would be here right now.  5 years of hopes being crushed.  5 years of failed Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur cycles.  After a laparoscopy, a clear HSG, and 5 IUI's, I am finally ready for IVF.  I can say that I have done everything in my own power to help us get pregnant, and I can admit that we need more help.

So here is to all those that have come before me.  Whether you got your take-home baby or not, you are amazing for going through all of this to try and start your family.  I am looking to you for support and advice during this time.

CD1.  I'll call my nurse today to let her know that we can start the ball rolling for real.  After having my bloodwork done tomorrow, I will start birth control pills.  After 2 weeks, I will have my baseline ultrasound, and will hopefully start the injections 3 days later.  Wish me luck :)

3 comments:

  1. Exciting to have things in motion! best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char, I am super excited. Never thought I would say that about IVF :)

      Delete