Thursday, November 14, 2013

This is gettin real...

Wow, I can't believe how close I am to starting my first IVF cycle!  I was so scared to get to this step and I put it off for so long, but now that it is here, I am excited at last.

I went to the required IVF Education Class at my RE clinic yesterday.  The husband couldn't make it, so I was flying solo---luckily, I wasn't the only "single lady".  There were just 4 couples, and the nurse went over a bunch of information with us (can we say overwhelming?!).  Then we signed some consents and started on the injection training.  I didn't think this would be very necessary since I have used injectables before, but boy am I glad I went.  There is a lot more involved with these medications than the ones I took before.

My doctor is putting me on an antagonist cycle.  I will be taking Menopur and Follistim along with Ganirelex.  I've taken Menopur before, but the others are new to me.  I now have a tentative calendar for my cycle, which makes this even more real.  It looks like I just may have my dream of getting pregnant before the end of the year!  Unfortunately, I won't find out whether the IVF took or not until after the new year, but it still counts :)

I am still waiting on the husband's SA results to see if we are going to have to do ICSI.  My bloodwork came back and everything was fine, except my prolactin was slightly elevated.  I'm not sure what that means, so hopefully I can get more info on that.  My nurse said the doctor wasn't concerned and that it wouldn't affect us moving forward with IVF, so that is all that matters to me.

More updates to come :)

1 comment: