Saturday, February 9, 2013

Back from my hiatus...

I would like to thank you for your kind words and condolences about my mother in law.  The husband and I and his family are healing one day at a time.  We found out where we will be stationed in California, and it is only about an hour and a half from most of our family.  Even though where we are moving is not exactly a place I would EVER choose to live, the most important thing is that we will be close so that we can help my father in law during this time and so we can both see our families.  When we do finally get to have a child of our own, it will be nice that they can at least spend the first couple years of their life around family, which we never thought would be possible as long as the husband remained in the Army.

Last month, I had this small hope that we would get pregnant on our own.  A friend at work put it like this: "Sometimes when one angel leaves, another takes its place."  I thought that was a beautiful thought.  That maybe something wonderful could come from such a sad time.  That maybe it would be one last gift from my thoughtful mother in law, someone who wanted us to have a child almost as  badly as we do.  It may seem odd that I held onto a hope like this considering I don't know what I believe in...but believe it I did.  Of course, that did not happen, but I will discuss it in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment