Friday, January 11, 2013

What a week...

This has been a tough week, and I am having trouble finding the silver lining in anything right now.  So many things have happened.

The week started out with such promise...we got word of where we might be moving.  And, while we are not divulging the information to everyone right now, we were happy with the outcome.  It was surprising to us since things never seem to go right.  I guess we should have known that bad things would follow.

Then my mother-in-law got sick.  She has been unwell for a while, but now things seem to be more serious.  Because of this, the husband left on emergency leave today to see her and be there with his family.  Please send your thoughts or prayers or whatever you can her way.  While I do not pray, I am hoping upon everything that she pulls through this episode very soon.  She is a wonderful person and my husband and I would be heartbroken if anything happened to her.

To top things off, my period started last night.  It was horrible to have to tell my husband when he has so many other things to worry about right now.  Because of everything going on, I had to ask him whether he wanted to take a break this month.  We are getting ready to start some pricey medication, and I don't want it to go to waste.  Don't misunderstand me.  For once, I am not being selfish.  I don't want the husband to feel pressure of trying to make a baby on top of having to worry about his mom.  He should be focused on that right now.  But we also can't afford to take a month off.  We are moving in about 4 months, and I don't want to start over with yet another doctor wherever we go.  And the husband has school for 6 weeks between now and then...so we already have to think about possibly freezing his sperm at that time unless I get pregnant beforehand.

See?  This is a shitty week all around, and I am just about out of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment