Saturday, December 29, 2012

A "glass half-empty" kind of mood...

I must admit that I am feeling very sad that another year is coming to an end so soon...and I am still waiting.

A recap of this cycle since I haven't been posting much:

I went in for CD3 bloodwork (hormone test that usually checks FSH, LH, E2 and Prolactin) on 12/19, and got a call from Dr. M on Christmas Eve...yes, Christmas Eve...to tell me everything came back normal.  Of course it did.  Why should I ever actually get a diagnosis besides just being told I have bad luck?  Anyway, I talked to Dr. M about doing a natural cycle since the meds he wants to put me on for superovulation are CRAZY expensive.  But, if I do a natural cycle, my insurance will cover them besides a copay.  He said that sounds good, depending on what my post-coital test results are.  Hopefully we are actually able to even proceed with the post-coital test since I will probably be ovulating on New Year's Eve and I forgot to ask how to get a hold of him when the office is closed.  Yes, he does come in on weekends and holidays for his patients...but the office isn't open, so I don't know how to reach him.  I guess we shall see.

So if we don't have success on our own this month, I will be starting a superovulation regiment next month with injectables.  We will be starting with Menopur.  The doctor said that it often helps produce fertile cervical mucus as well, so hopefully that will just be the little extra nudge we need.

So that brings me to the present.  Sitting here thinking how I should be feeling hopeful, when actually I just feel depressed that another year has passed.  I am one year closer to 30, feeling less and less like I am going to be able to have the family I so want without going bankrupt in the process.  Yes, I should be thinking positively about what the new year may bring blah blah blah...I never was a glass half-full kind of gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment