Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve Eve

Today was a great day.  My wonderful husband got tickets to go see The Nutcracker and surprised me with them earlier this week.  It was a small production by the Ballet Northwest in Olympia, WA, and it was so much fun.  Some may not think to go to this type of production, instead opting for larger ballets in Seattle, but this was perfect for us.  Not stuffy at all, the audience mostly filled with families of the children in the production.  I loved it.  I was a dancer up until I graduated high school, and while I knew that I was not destined to be a ballet dancer (too curvy, bad balance, no natural flexibility), I love to watch others and to get lost in the magic of it.

After the ballet, we tried a new restaurant for dinner.  I am still gluten-free (and doing pretty damn well, if I do say so myself), which unfortunately limits my options and makes me not look forward to going out as much as I used to.  While this restaurant didn't have a lot of options for me, they did have a gluten-free pizza crust, so I was able to enjoy a pizza instead of the salad I am usually stuck with.  I love salad, but it gets a little old, especially when I have to watch the husband scarf down some wonderfully sinful dish across the table from me.  I also had a margarita...or what was supposed to be a margarita.  It came in a martini glass, though, and pretty much tasted like pure tequila.  Don't worry, I am not complaining.  For once, I got my money's worth on a mixed drink at a restaurant.

Christmas is low-key in our household this year.  Since we are going to have some large medical expenses coming up, we chose to not really do presents this year except a couple small things between ourselves.  Tomorrow, we will wake up and enjoy the day together and then go to our friend's house for appetizers and holiday cheer.  Christmas day will be spent at home watching movies and just relaxing.  It may not seem like much to anyone else, but I am just happy to have my husband home for the holidays.  Hopefully next year, we will be hanging Baby's 1st Christmas ornaments on the tree, but for now, I am happy to have my health, my husband, and my family and friends.

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!!

P.S. For those out there that are going through infertility right now, here are some tips from Resolve New England on how to cope during the holidays.  I recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment